jueves, 17 de junio de 2010

Antonia


It's been another six months and between pregnancy, work and the house it's been impossible to keep up on this end. I gave birth via C-section to a 5 lb baby girl on May 10th. She was so small at birth it made me really nervous when I finally was able to carry her.
We were told a few weeks before our due date that she was breech and my doctor scheduled a c-section for May 14th which was 38 weeks. At week 34 I started having contractions and we went to the hospital for a fetal stress test it ended with me being put on partial bed rest. Basically what my doctor wanted was for me to quit working like a maniac and start taking it a little bit easier. I was able to hand in all my work via computer while sitting on my bed or being at my mothers house.
We went in for an ultrasound at week 36 and the amniotic fluid was really low so he moved my due date up to the 10th. The c-section was no big deal hardly any pain and seeing her made it morth while. The only thing I didn;t like was the anesthesiologist doped me up after she was out so it took me quite a long time afterwards to feel comfortable holding her and getting to know her.
She's now a month old and motherhood it amazing. I'm really lucky that I have a saintly baby she's sleeps up to five hours straight at night and never really cries. She'll fuss in her bassinet and that's how I know she's hungry. All in all I'm really happy, tired but happy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario