domingo, 27 de junio de 2010

The Perfect Scrambled Eggs




One of the things that I could never make properly were fluffy, soft in the middle, scrambled eggs. In my house my father was the inarguable master of the scrambled egg and I never learned how to make them. Then I met Rodrigo. He makes the BEST scrambled eggs I have ever had. His method is really simple, hot pan and a little cheese.


This morning I made scrambled eggs for him while he went to buy fresh bread and prosciutto from the bakery around the corner from our house. Antonia was fast asleep and I was happy in my flannel pijamas thinking about my Sunday morning breakfast. As soon as the eggs hit the pan she woke up and started crying. I ended up eating my eggs 45 minutes later in a crispy sandwich. I think I ended up with an even better breakfast because I added some goat cheese to my prosciutto and egg sandwich. Delicious!




3 eggs


1 tablespoon cheese grated or chopped (gruyere, emmenthal, fontina)


salt


freshly ground pepper


1 teaspoon olive oil


1 teaspoon unsalted butter




Beat the eggs slightly and add the cheese, salt and pepper.


Start with a really hot pan. When it starts to smoke slightly add the olive oil and the butter.


Immediately add the eggs and count to 5 waiting for the eggs to form one solid base without browning. Quickly lift the edges around the pan and center folding the eggs into themselves rather than scrambling. This should take no more than a minute for soft but not runny eggs.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario