So quick overview of what I've learned so far.....
1- Babies know more than you
When we were in the hospital the doctors and nurses told us that we HAD to nurse her every three hours MAX. So we would wake her up and force feed her every 2.5-3 hours. She was cranky, sleepy and not hungry. When we came home, I noticed that she would wake up on her own every four hours and nurse both sides no problem. So I started letting her wake up by herself when she was hungry ever four hours or so. She's been gaining weight steadily and she's used to her own schedule now.
2-RELAX and you'll have milk
I stayed in bed and lounged in my pijamas all day and let her nurse and I watched tv. I had milk like crazy. I was never stressed about not having milk. I did pump in the hospital from day one no matter what. She would finish feeding and I'd pump a little bit just to stimulate production. Now I have too much milk so I freeze whatever extra I pump.
3- Drink lots of water, eat lots of vegetables.
Your body uses all your liquid for milk so you might get constipated the first few weeks. Get a large water bottle and keep it by you at all times.
Eat vegetables in large quantites at every meal but beware of some which might make baby gassy.
4- Natural is best.
Her face broke out a few weeks ago and I've been cleaning it after she feeds with a little chamomile tea. Also she had some serious diaper rash and instead of wet wipes I cleaned her with cotton balls and chamomile tea. I cured the diaper rash bathing her in oatmeal. I just boiled half a cup of plain oats in water and strained the water. The gummy goo I added to her bath water and then rinsed her with a little extra at the end. I put lansinoh and butt paste on her butt and she was cured in two days. The lansinoh I figured would help because it's so thick it was the perfect barrier.
viernes, 18 de junio de 2010
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Wow! So much good information I will be using shortly! Keep up the posts so I know what to expect =)
ResponderEliminar